As you may know, a chest strap from Polar already costs you $30-$60, so these cheap Chinese fitness trackers are really a good choice for low budget. However, don’t expect the quality and service to be as good as of famous brands. You get what you pay for!
Review Mi Band 2
Review Dfit D21
Review I5 Plus
Mi Band 2 – Best cheap fitness tracker that has heart rate monitor
Do you know Xiaomi? This brand is becoming more and more popular, especially in Asia market for cheap but good quality product. They released Mi Band 1 and then Mi Band 2 and both received positive reviews.
Review Mi Band 2 Design
It has quite slim band. The band is made of plastic and the screen is detachable from the band, allowing you to change the band if you wish.
The 0.42 inches OLED screen lets you view clearly indoor and under bright sun.
Review Mi Band 2 Functions
- Fitness: track steps, calories burned. When connected to Mi Fit app, you can set your target steps and when you achieve your goal, the band will vibrate to congratulate you.
- Heart rate monitor: This is a touch-type heart rate monitor. That means you need to touch the screen everytime you want to measure your heart rate. The data doesn’t display continuously. Therefore, you can’t use Mi Band 2 for workout purpose to target your heart rate zone.
- Sleep tracking: when you wake up, you can go to the Mi Fit app and see how long did you sleep last night and how many hours of deep sleep that you had.
- Idle alert: when you spend a lot of time sitting down, the tracker will alert you to go for a walk.
- Waterproof: IP67
- Battery life: 21 days
Mi Band 2 Pros
Compared to the other 2 fitness trackers in the list, Mi Band 2 comes from a famous brand that assures you of better quality and warranty service.
Mi Band 2 Cons
The touch-type heart rate monitor is a minus of Mi Band 2 since you can’t use it for workout.
The band sits quite small on a man’s wrist.
Dfit D21- Cheapest fitness tracker that shows continuous heart rate monitor
This fitness tracker is made by DIDO, an unknown brand. However, compared to Mi Band 2, this fitness tracker even has more functions.
Review Dfit D21 Design
Review Dfit D21 Functions
- Phone notification: When you have a phone call, the screen will vibrate and display the number that is calling you. It also notifies you of new message without displaying the content.
- Fitness: It auto track steps, distance, calories burned you make daily. You can set target of steps and distance so the band will alert you when you achieve your goal.
- Heart rate monitor: For heart rate monitor function, you can allow the tracker to measure your heart rate 24/24. Heart rate data lets you know your maximum heart rate, minimum heart rate and average heart rate during a day. You can actively display your heart rate any time you want by long press the screen that has heart rate icon. A plus of D21 is that it displays your heart rate continuously so you can use it to exercise targeting your heart rate zone.
- Sleep tracking: This fitness tracker shows the total sleep hours and the percentage of deep sleep.
- Idle alert: The tracker will vibrate when you sedentary for 30, 45 or 60 minutes, depending on your setup.
- Waterproof: IP67, which is safe for swimming. However, I don’t recommend you swim with it since it’s a cheap Chinese fitness tracker anyway.
- Battery life: 5 days.
Dfit D21 Pros
The advantage of Dfit D21 is the continuous displayed heart rate data. You can wear it during your workout and exercise within your heart rate zone.
Dfit D21 Cons
Dfit just displays the number calling you without displaying the name of the person.
I5 Plus – Cheap fitness tracker with a lot of activity tracking features
I5 Plus has quite a lot of good reviews in Amazon. Among 3 fitness trackers in the list, this one has the most functions. Let’s see what is really has!
Review I5 Plus Design
Review I5 Plus Functions
- Phone notification: alert when you have phone calls or messages or notifications.
- Fitness: tracks your steps, jumps. You also can set target steps need to be achieved daily.
- Sleep tracking
- Idle alert
- Remote camera control
- Find phone: When the function is turned on, your mobile phone will ring or vibrate when the distance between smartwatch and phone is a certain distance
- Waterproof: IP67
- Battery life: 7 days
I5 Plus Pros
Large screen and silicone band are the pluses.
I5 also has more functions compared to Mi Band 2 and Dfit, such as: Remote camera control and find your phone.
I5 Plus Cons
The biggest disadvantage of I5 Plus is that it doesn’t have heart rate monitor function. Thus it’s more like a health band than a fitness tracker.
With less than $50 you can own a pretty good fitness tracker. If you want to have one for workout then aim for Dfit D21. If you just want to stay more healthy then Mi Band 2 or I5 Plus would be a fit.